Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Jars of Stuff

If you read my first blog, I talked about how my grandmother and my great-grandfather organized their stuff in recylced jars.

That somehow rubbed off on me and I just love to put things in jars. But I have come to love to decorate my jars, they never did!
I suppose I will pass that down to my grandchildren.. haha.. :)
Anyway, here is a shelf in my room full of my jars and some cans -- I have jars and cans all through my room decorated to hold stuff.. this is just a sample.




Those cans hold my thumb tacs and paper clips -- they used be chicken cans. I love those large chicken cans! I also love the smaller cans that the evaporated milk come in.

I have decorated them with scrapbook paper, and/or ribbons and buttons. Everything just looks so much prettier when its decorated. I do have a couple that I painted and then decoupaged paper flowers onto them and glued ric rac around the mouth of the jar. They are not shown because they weren't up on my shelf, they are down on my work table!

Not only do I put my craft supplies in jars, but I usually put my baking supplies in jars too in my pantry. I tend to get ants around here, and putting everything in jars, keeps all my stock fresh.

Plus it looks alot neater in my pantry to and of course I put nice labels on the front of the jars and stuff... :)

Here is another picture of something useful -- this is a box of votive candle holders, the same day I purchased those frames at Kmart for a buck each, they also had sets of votive holders for 1.00 or maybe these were .75 cents - I'm not so sure now, but anyway, I certaintly didnt need to use this for votives, so I decorated the box and I use the votive holders to hold some of my brads and eyelets!!


It works, and its pretty too...

No comments: