Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Crusin' Book

I created this Memory Book for my friend who went on a cruise recently -- I used cardboard that I saved to make my covers -- and used cardstock for the pages.

I decoupaged scrapbook paper to make the covers, I love to use decoupage medium for this, because when it dries it leaves a very hard sturdy cover! I don't mind the brush strokes that may be left behind, it just gives my books more character and a more handmade appeal.
I used a bunch of different elements, like, clipart that I have purchased, pieces from scrap packs and punch outs, and other embellishments.

I also put in pockets that hold a 4X6 picture and she could easily put several pictures in the pocket if she wanted to. Towards the end I embllished a note card and gave her space to journal any special memories that she had. Also in the back I filled a pocked full of tags where she could journal more and put in a small envelope for any momentos that she would have.

On the back cover I placed a bible verse - Psalm 126:3 "The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

The letters were cut with my Cricut!







No comments: